( video )
[ It's been a while, huh? Normally Wayne -- Doug -- doesn't see the need to address people en mass, but, sometimes it's necessary. Unlike last time he isn't going to bother with fumbling text (fake lawyer, can't spell) so the video displays his very sleep-deprived-looking face and hair that's mussed from carelessly running a hand through it too many times. He in fact does it again without noticing as he adjusts the tablet, looking into the camera. ]
Hey. Hi there. This is Doug Rich again. Long time no... well you know how it goes. [ He cocks his head slightly in a cheekily impatient sort of shrug. ] Um-- so, I'm not sure how we've all been feeling these days, but not too long ago people were throwing around the idea of having some kind of code of conduct that we can all agree to... pay attention to. There aren't really laws and maybe it's not our biggest priority, but I think--
[ He blinks, train of thought momentarily derailed. He gestures circularly with his hand, trying to get it going again. ]
Uh-- I think it'd be useful. At least helpful. For... safety. Communities like this -- all over -- that's what they do. And usually they're smaller. Draft would need some work but everyone could vote on it, make sure it's fair. I've got-- [ But he cuts himself off, deciding that mentioning whatever first pass he's worked on isn't relevant yet. Might sound too eager or demanding or something, better to play it cool and passive. ] Um... yeah. That's it. I'll... we'll -- let me know about... we can talk later. More. More later.
[ Good conclusion. Good talk. ]
( OOC: With endgame on the horizon I haven't been sure the best way to proceed with this -- apologies -- but I've got an open log here for general CR follow-up/closure things in which I'm happy to put up a "code coordination" thread up in should people still be interested in having characters discuss ICly it on a not-one-on-one basis. Or if there's enough interest in a separate log I can put one of those together too. )
Hey. Hi there. This is Doug Rich again. Long time no... well you know how it goes. [ He cocks his head slightly in a cheekily impatient sort of shrug. ] Um-- so, I'm not sure how we've all been feeling these days, but not too long ago people were throwing around the idea of having some kind of code of conduct that we can all agree to... pay attention to. There aren't really laws and maybe it's not our biggest priority, but I think--
[ He blinks, train of thought momentarily derailed. He gestures circularly with his hand, trying to get it going again. ]
Uh-- I think it'd be useful. At least helpful. For... safety. Communities like this -- all over -- that's what they do. And usually they're smaller. Draft would need some work but everyone could vote on it, make sure it's fair. I've got-- [ But he cuts himself off, deciding that mentioning whatever first pass he's worked on isn't relevant yet. Might sound too eager or demanding or something, better to play it cool and passive. ] Um... yeah. That's it. I'll... we'll -- let me know about... we can talk later. More. More later.
[ Good conclusion. Good talk. ]
( OOC: With endgame on the horizon I haven't been sure the best way to proceed with this -- apologies -- but I've got an open log here for general CR follow-up/closure things in which I'm happy to put up a "code coordination" thread up in should people still be interested in having characters discuss ICly it on a not-one-on-one basis. Or if there's enough interest in a separate log I can put one of those together too. )

video.
Hey, Doug.
How're you doing?
video
Peter. Hey. I'm doing okay, just got-- [ He glances around like he might have something to point to, but all he has nearby is an untidily bound notebook. ] ... Getting organized. How're things?
video
[Though Peter worries a teenager in a room might not have much clout.]
video
Yeah! If you want to. Nothing official planned yet to show up to, but we could just start talking about it. Until then, I mean.
video
[There's a beat, and he leans closer to his tablet.]
You should sleep first.
video
I don't need sleep -- I've got coffee, which is even better. [ He raises his eyebrows, like that's supposed to be meaningful. ] Might forget something important.
video
video
video
video
video
video
video
video
video
video, private;
[This is Saul's way of saying he's concerned.]
video, private;
Haven't had my coffee yet.
permavoice, permaprivate;
no subject
Well, it helps. Dahlia's gone and I gotta focus.
no subject
[This is what he gets for saying "fuck everyone" and ignoring everything.
He bites his lip, expression suddenly sympathetic.]
Shit, man. I'm sorry.
no subject
[ He's quiet, then exhales. ]
Doesn't matter all that much, she wasn't happy here. Now I don't have to worry about-- [ secrets!! ] Well... really anything.
wow hello
hi there
text, private;
voice, private;
[ They can dream, at least. ]
text;
I'm getting together a few people to talk to the new version of the Initiative down here. Want in?
voice;
Yeah -- yeah, love to. That sounds even more useful. [ Well, probably. ] D'you know when?
no subject
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
video;
It's worth a shot.
video;
I think so. "Together we stand" is as good a motto as any. Assuming anyone else can agree.
no subject
no subject
icly late reply because la la la trip to space
no subject
no subject
[Unless your name is Peter Quill, apparently.]
no subject
You got a point there. I'll work on that if this goes any further. Y'know, in person. I might know what I'm talking about but that's what they all say, around here anyone can claim to be whoever or whatever they want.
[ Case in point... but he has to admit: ]
Confidence does make a difference.